Pages

Friday, September 20, 2013

Vogue 1214

Vogue 1214 is a close fitting lined top with a shawl collar, snaps in the front, side front pockets and back detailed seams with godets.  Handmade belt as well with a covered buckle. 
 
Front view with pockets
 
I made this awhile ago out of some wool fabric in my stash.  There are quite a few styling seams in the back along with the godets. Sometimes I feel like a duck wagging my tail in this top, because of the godets but it's all fun. 
 
Back view with godets

 
 Side view showing the length of the godets.  Sorry about the blacks not matching in my shirt and pants - I think my other black shirt was in the wash at the time.  I don't think I will be making this again, since it is sort of a statement piece, two in my wardrobe would be too many. 

Side View
If I were to sew this again, I would lower the waist about one inch.  It seems to be just a little high in this side view pic. 

Happy Sewing!

2 comments:

  1. Great job! I, too, am making this vest. I love the look and I am using a similar fabric as the envelope model, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sensational looking top! You achieved a fantastic fit.

    ReplyDelete