Pages

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Chantilly Dress

This is the Chantilly Dress by Colette Patterns. 

Front View
The main fabric of the dress is a polyester lining fabric that I picked up at a garage sale.  The yoke and midriff pieces are a matching cotton with brown piping that I made as well.


Back View
 I thought adding piping to the yoke pieces would make the pieces pop and I think it does just that.

Close up of front panels with piping
I made a muslin first of just the top pieces and needed to take out about 2 inches of gathering in the front.  Being not very well endowed myself, there was just way too much fabric in the front for me. 

Closer close-up view!

 
The pattern has an invisible zipper on the side. You can see the tab of the zipper at the top of side seam here.

Another view



Another side/back view
The dress also has side in-seam pockets.  Since I was running out of fabric, I only had enough to put in one pocket instead of two.  You can see my lining fabric just peeking out in this picture.  Lining fabric is some cheap polyester that I already had in my stash. 

View of pocket
Happy Sewing!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful dress! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dress looks so nice. The piping really adds to the look.

    ReplyDelete