Pages

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Make a Garment a Month Challenge - February Project

What better way to be committed to making a garment than posting it to the world.  Now I can't change my mind!

For February's Make a Garment A Month Challenge - I've decided on Vogue 1135 - an OOP pattern by designer Chado Ralph Rucci.  Since it's February - I've selected a nice red knit for this project.  


And because the picture on the front of the envelope doesn't do give you a good idea of what the dress  actually looks like (probably the reason the pattern is now OOP), I've included the line drawing from the back of the envelope as well.  All of those lines below - those are pintucks!  A new experience for me!


I've ordered a pintucking foot and a "pintuck blade" for my machine and patiently await it's arrival.  I'm sure alot of practice pintuck pieces (gosh, say that quickly three times!) will happen before I actually sew up the real garment.  I'll post my progress as I go.

Wish me luck and Happy Sewing!

Star


10 comments:

  1. Interesting dress! I've done my share of pin tucks, but never in a knit or with a pintuck foot. Looking forward to the results!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marianne. I'm looking forward to experimenting and learning a new technique.

      Delete
  2. This looks like fun! Looking forward to seeing your dress :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting! Looking forward to seeing the end result. It will be spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the vote of confidence Barbara J!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like Ralph Rucci's style; I've never made one of his designs though. That looks like a lot of pintucking -- but what a great idea to try a new technique.

    I don't know why they use black dresses as cover photos, they never sell the design, as you can't even see it most of the time -- I agree that black on the cover means relying on the line drawing even more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to get started on this. Hopefully will start on it this coming weekend.

      Delete
  6. This dress is going to be beautiful.. Best wishes with the pin tucks.. I bought a set of presser feet, a pin tuck was included...haven't tried it yet [scared,ha] so can't wait to hear how this goes... Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Judy. Fingers crossed that all goes well.

    ReplyDelete