The jacket is made out of polar fleece and the day I took the pictures, it was about 80 degrees outside and I was roasting, so I tried to take some quick snaps.
The jacket is very loose-fitting with an asymmetrical front zipper closure. I wanted to do a little something different with the zipper so I combined two different zippers in my stash. As you can see below, one side of the zipper is white and the other side is black. Also, after sewing in the zip, it seemed a little plain, so I added some polka dot ribbon to each side.
The black polar fleece was the packing material used in an e-bay purchase of a new sewing machine. Of course I couldn't throw it away - for goodness sake - it was free fabric! There was about 3 yards of the stuff and it had various holes and marks so I needed to work around them when cutting out the jacket pieces.
The striped knit sleeve material was leftover from a previous project.
The polka dot polar fleece was purchased at a local fabric store - I can't remember when exactly. Here's the back view - pretty simple from the back.
After completing the jacket, it seemed like it was missing something so I added the pocket to the front.
The pocket material is some cotton knit I had in my stash. To make the pattern, I used a salad plate from the kitchen and traced around the outside of the plate and then added a seam allowance. Using two pieces of knit, sew the circles together and turn. When I added the pocket to the jacket, I decided how much of the circle I wanted to turn back to form the flap and just sewed around the edge of the rest of the pocket. Add a button and ta-da! Super easy pocket! I think the round pocket pulls from the polka dots on the collar and my cute little polka dot button was the finishing touch.
That's it for now! Hope you like it!