Continuing on my stashbustin' quest - I've decided to a skirt from the remaining fabric from this jacket. I just couldn't bear to part with the leftovers from that jacket and I have just enough to squeeze out this mock-wrap skirt. I'm going to make view E - the slightly longer view with the flounce down the front, but I want to also incorporate the peplum around to the back as pictured in view F.
The main body of the skirt will be the felted wool, the gray will be the peplum and the flounce and the white will be the lining.
I've even done a test muslin so far and miraculously - it fits first time! OMG! I don't know what happened here! My wool fabric is very thick so I added a little to my pattern to compensate for that. My practice fabric is a thick home dec print that someone at work gave me because they didn't want to throw it away. I told them I could put it to good use and it's worked quite well here as my tester muslin.
Of course the peplums will be doubled and will drape better than my test fabric here, but you get the idea. I will need to add 3/8 inch to the small peplum on the left front, but other than that, it's fitting pretty nicely.
I started with size 14 waist and added 3/8 inch to the sides at the hips to accomodate the bulk of the fabric. There will be so many layers along the waistline, that I'll try to trim them down as much as possible during the construction process.
So far, I'm off to a good start! I'm sure something will happen before I finish though.
Wish me luck!