Pages

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

April MAGAM Decided

The theme for April's Make a Garment a Month Challenge is "Coloured Showers, Blooming Flowers".  I'm going to use Amy Butler's Chinese Lanterns print - which sorta looks like blooming flowers to make Serendipity Studio's Monique Dress.  I will use the green and blue print for the main body of the dress and the blue coordinate for the middle waistband and the band around the skirt bottom.


The inspiration behind this dress come's from The Great British Sewing Bee's first book.


The Summer Dress - look - it's the same fabric!

Here's a full length shot of the dress.  I tried to find a similar pattern in the stash rather than enlarging the pattern in the book.  I think the Monique Dress pattern is a close match.

This Saturday is the Sewing Garage sale too.  I will try to be good and not buy too much - but it will be difficult.  Wish me luck!

Until next time - Happy Sewing Everyone!
Star


2 comments:

  1. Wow you got the same fabric! Will look great on you :)x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn. I actually already had it in my stash and then saw the dress in the book and remembered I had it. The blue matches perfectly too!

      Delete