Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Garage Sale Fabric!!

Just look at these fabulous pieces I purchased at the recent garage sale.

 A beautiful multi-color wool blend boucle - 2.5 yards for $7.00

The floral linen on top I've seen recently at Joann's.  I got it for $1.00 a yard - try to beat that price with a coupon - I don't think so!  The middle green and bottom red florals are both rayons.  All three of these will be dresses soon.

These are all knits.  The black and white on the left still had the original purchase price tag on it - $14.00 per yard - there was a total of 3.75 yards.  I got it for $3.75 - a savings of $48.75 based on the original price!   What a steal!  I think I might make a dress out of this one too.   The red and blue were all $1.00 per yard and will be t-shirts for the summertime.

And how about this - oilcloth!  $3.00 for 1.25 yards.  This will come in very handy as we start to tear out our kitchen this summer.  I'll need something easily cleanable to cover the temporary plywood countertops until we get the real thing.  This will be perfect!

I did try to be good and not buy too much and I think I did fairly well.  I bought a total of 21.5 yards which cost $29.65.  This averages to a cost of $1.38 per yard.  What a deal!

Until next time - Happy Sewing Everyone!

6 comments:

  1. What bargain prices and lovely fabrics. I especially have my eye on your boucle! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn. That boucle might be a skirt but I haven't decided yet.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes indeed. Can't wait to start sewing these up.

      Delete
  3. Wow, that is one bargain haul! Now I can't wait to see what you make.

    ReplyDelete