Pages

Friday, June 5, 2015

MAGAM for June determined

It's easy projects for me for the next few months.  We are almost in the middle (more like 1/3 of the way) into a home project and the house is a dusty, disorganized, did I say dusty, disaster. We are tackling most of the project ourselves on the weekends, so my sewing time will be very limited. I'll need quick and easy projects in the meantime to keep the sewing mojo flowing!

So - the June MAGAM project will be a quick and easy one.  I did manage to get it cut out today!

The theme this month is sewing something from the stash - and that is right up my alley!  My project will be Vogue 8596 - View B with the 3/4 length sleeves with the ruffle.


The fabric is a very drapey rayon that I bought at the Mill End Fabric store in Reno, Nevada last year. I might add a contrasting ric rac to the sleeve ruffles, but I'm not sure yet - maybe pink or yellow. Green ric rac might make it look to Christmasy, but we'll see.

Happy sewing everyone!
Star

10 comments:

  1. This looks like a great pattern. Too bad it's discontinued, according to PR. I look forward to seeing it made up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. I've been wanting to make this for awhile. I didn't realize it is now discontinued.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute fabric! It is going to look lovely made up with that pattern. And I think red or yellow ric rac will compliment it perfectly x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn. Now I just need to find the time to make it!

      Delete
  4. I love your fabric choice. Pink ric rac will be great addition :) Can not wait to see your finished blouse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are very wise to pick a simple project - that way you keep your sewing self happy while dealing with your messy realities of the moment. Good luck with the renovations. I find during tricky times that doing one seam a day - or even just pinning it ready to sew the next day - gets the garment done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice Sarah Liz. I might try the one seam a day approach.

      Delete
  6. Your fabric is very bright and cheerful. I like your idea of ric rac along the sleeve, white would even be pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I've selected a yellow baby ric rac and so far it looks pretty cute!

      Delete