Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

More, More, Moreish March!

The theme for the MAGAM Challenge for March is "Moreish March".  My interpretation of this is the More fabric the better!  My garment choice for this fabric abundance challenge will be Vogue 9108 - a Marcy Tilton pattern.


Using these various knits and trims from the stash, I'll see what I can create.  I can't wait to get started on this one!

I have already started with my layout selection too.  Using the sketch from the back of the envelope, I enlarged it on a copy machine to an 8.5 x 11 size.

Then I traced the drawing, got out the colored pencils, and started drawing.  In reading the reviews on patternreview.com - the pattern runs large (so I'll go down a size or two and be prepared to take it in even more) and there is no bottom back panel included in the pattern as I've drawn in these pics.  I'll be adding that piece to make the hem even.

Sketch number 5 is the winner.  Now - we'll just see if I have enough of these fabrics to make it work.  Some of them are pretty small pieces!

Until next time - Happy sewing everyone!
Star

10 comments:

  1. Star, I love your excitement and creativity when you sew. Are you completely self taught? This pattern is perfect. I would love to wear things like this, however, at barely 5 foot, it wouldn't be right for me. I could do a limited edition, I suppose! Enjoy, and post your process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dodo! I have a combination of my grandmother teaching me, 4h as a kid and a few classes here and there.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah. I think so too. Fingers crossed that it turns out ok!

      Delete
  3. I have this pattern and the knit stash and anxiously will watch how yours comes out. I think it will look darling on you. For Dodo, I think if scaled down a bit this would be just the ticket for a five foot tall woman, which I am. To me the esthetic is that of the Japanese patterns that are clearly designed for the tiny types. Go for it, Dodo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is going to be wonderful! I love your mix of fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think most of the combinations look good.,you have a great set of fabrics. TS

    ReplyDelete