Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Me Made May - Week 2

Second week of Me Made May and here's the line-up.

Starting with Saturday - May 7th.  The weather here in California has been all over the thermometer lately.  Cool and wet this day so it called for a longer sleeve top while out shopping.  This is an old, old turtleneck pattern from Cloth World (who sadly isn't in business anymore).  Not previously blogged about - it's one of my go-to shirts for comfort factor and fun factor with the print!


Back to work on Monday and slightly warmer temps today.  This is Vogue 8817 - a tunic pattern that I lengthened into a dress.  Previously blogged about here.....

Getting warmer on Tuesday so onto a sleeveless dress.  This is actually a mashup of two different patterns.  Simplicity 1607 - a Cynthia Rowley design on the top, paired with New Look 6224 on the bottom.  Previously blogged about here....

Onto Wednesday with warmer temps still.  This is my newest creation - Vogue 8553 and it could be my new favorite dress pattern.  Only just blogged about here....


Thursday brought the warmest temps of the week so a picture in the shade today. This is Butterick 5353 on top with New Look 6224 on the bottom.  You can tell I'm a fan of fuller rather than straight skirts.  This dress was previously blogged about here....

Friday was just a gorgeous day and comfort factor was key.  This is the Sally Shirtdress by Serendipity Studios.  I originally made this as an actual dress, previously blogged about here, but recently shortened it to just a blouse.  I think it's much more functional for me as a blouse.

Saturday I was at an all-day sewing event with guest speaker Sandra Betzina.  This is Vogue 9108 - a Marcy Tilton jumper dress and t-shirt, previously blogged about here.  The circle print mesh fabric in the dress below is now featured on the cover of one of Sandra Betzina's newest patterns and she used it for one of her examples of sewing with mesh.  I thought it was quite funny and pointed out the fabric match to the other sewers sitting at my table at the time.

Here is the Sandra Betzina pattern sewn from the same fabric - Vogue 1355.  I have enough of the fabric left over to make this too - maybe I should give it a go!

I hope everyone is enjoying the Me Made's this year.  A special thanks to my colleagues at work who have been putting up with my daily pictures - Thank you!

Happy Sewing everyone!
Star



4 comments:

  1. Super happy to have found your blog via the MMM16 Pinterest board! You've made up a bunch of things I've been considering, and I love the diversity of fabrics you use! Off to read your post about the Marcy Tilton tunic now....

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many pretty dresses. I get to wear that many in a year let alone a week haha! x

    ReplyDelete