Pages

Sunday, July 30, 2017

July MAGAM Garment completed - and on time too!

I am finally caught up with my sewing posts and have completed my July MAGAM Challenge just in the nick of time!  Here is it - Vogue 8553.

I've made this dress before and it's a fairly simple sew.  I had enough fabric this time to make the belt too.  But you know what?  I don't think I really like it.


Is it the color or the fact that I've gained 10 pounds and need to lose them?


I don't know.  Maybe it's the belt?  I like the first one I made - it's in a dark burgundy print but I didn't have enough yardage to make the belt for that one.  I'll give it a wear tomorrow and see.  It might just end up in the donate pile.

Anyways, I'm still counting the fabric I used as it was from the stash.  Here are my current stats:

Yardage for this dress = 2.625
YTD yardage: 40.41 yards

That's it for me today!

Happy sewing everyone!

Star


7 comments:

  1. I think your dress looks great. I hope after wearing for a day you decide to keep it. How about putting it away in the "magic closet" for a while. I've had luck doing that. I pull it out at a later date and all of the sudden I'm wondering what I didn't like about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll have to invest in the magic closet. Sounds like a good idea!

      Delete
  2. Star, clearly we don't see the same thing! This dress looks lovely on you. Before I saw your comments I was struck by the lovely fit and drape of your dress and my honest first thought was ' Wow, that fits her nicely!' To me the dress is slimming and feminine. Maybe it's the color? It's not as colorful as your other creations but no less lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you Deborah. I think it's the color and the belt. I'm wearing it today without the belt and its growing on me.

      Delete
  3. I think it is very flattering on you. Love the color, the fit, and the belt too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you're not comfortable with this you're never going to wear it. But guess what? I think it looks great on you. I even love the colour. As for the 10lbs, that clearly not obvious either!

    ReplyDelete