Pages

Sunday, March 11, 2018

Matilda is gonna need a sister!!!!

I've finished the "Matilda" by Megan Nielsen and I absolutely love it!  She is gonna need a sister and soon!


I used some batik cotton purchased at a garage sale last year.  As I didn't spend much cash on the fabric, I thought this would be a good test run of the pattern.  I think it is perfect!

I originally cut out a size small thru the bust and shoulders and tapered to a medium at the waistline.  As it turns out, I ended up taking in the sides at the waistline to a size small so I have gone and recut the pattern to be just a size small entirely now.

I am really getting some use out of my green Dansko's too!  Who knew I had so many green garments in my wardrobe. 

The color looks different inside, but here's a close up of the patch pockets with flaps.  The buttons were from the stash and they match perfectly.  I used slightly smaller buttons on the pocket flaps.

Close-up of the patch pockets on the skirt portion.  A bit hard to see with my busy turtle print. 

And here's the back.....

That's it for today.  My next Vogue dress is coming along nicely but due to it's black/white herringbone weave that makes your eyes go crossed, I can only work on it for short time periods.  The "Electric Butterfly" dress is almost finished too.  I just need more hours on the weekends to finish everything!  Here are my latest stats for everyone that is following along on my stashbustin quest...

Latest Stashbustin' Stats:

Yardage for this dress = 4.375 yard
YTD yards sewn = 16.125 yards
Remaining yardage to reach 100 yard goal = 83.875 yards

Happy sewing everyone!

Star

4 comments:

  1. What a flattering shape! Love those pockets too, especially the skirt pockets. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy! I agree on the shape and the pockets.

      Delete
  2. Love all the details. Skirt pockets are fab. Lovely outcome.

    ReplyDelete